The Essex Salon Awards were held on Sunday 17th November at Five Lakes Resort, near Colchester, and it was an incredible evening celebrating local hair salons, hairdressers and barbers for their talent, dedication and hard work in hairdressing across various business and individual categories.
The Vanilla Room won the coveted title of ‘Best Salon in Essex’, The Brentwood Hairdresser snatched ‘Marketing Trailblazer’ for their innovation and creative approach to marketing, and ‘Best Salon Team’ was taken by Strangeways Hair Salon. Brides looking for their wedding tresses to be tended to will be heading to Stock for Edward Taylor Hair who won Best Salon for Bridal Hair, a title previously held by Gregory Dean who this year took Best Customer Experience for the first time.
The evening was co-hosted by Salon Awards Founder, Kate Jeffery and Voice UK and celebrity hairdresser, Craig Chapman. The evening was packed full of excitement, laughter and tricks from the amazing Nick Crown, and ended with great celebration and dancing.
Kate Jeffery, Salon Awards Founder and Director, said:
Sunday night was the highlight of the 2019 season for me, as Essex is where this all started in 2017. The growth of the county has been incredible, the dedication and effort that all of our entrants put into competing is outstanding. Their passion for ‘all-things’ hair and the strength of community is very special. There was such visible admiration for each other on the night, you could hear a pin drop before every winner’s announcement, it was very respectful. I am humbled and proud to be able to bring them all together for this annual celebration.
- Best Salon in Essex - The Vanilla Room
- Best Customer Experience - Gregory Dean
- Best Salon Team - Strangeways Hair Salon
- Creative Image of the Year - Nathan Jasztal, Silhouette du Barry
- Colourist of the Year - Amy Clarke, MACK
- Barber of the Year - Jim Shaw, Essensuals and EssensualsMEN
- Freelance Hairdresser of the Year - Zoe Deamer
- Apprentice of the Year - Paige Hendren, Kennadys
- Future Talent Award - April Mash, Strangeways Hair Salon
- Stylist of the Year - Keeley Tattoo, Gregory Dean Rayleigh
- Best Salon for Training - M Riccio Hair Design
- Marketing Trailblazer - The Brentwood Hairdresser
- Best New or Refurbished Salon - Miller and Coleby
- Most Sustainable Salon – Kennadys
- Best Salon for Bridal Hair - Edward Taylor Hair
- Best Salon for Hair Extensions - Extended Lengths
- Best Colour Salon - SNM Hair
- People's Choice Award - Taylors Hairdressing
- Outstanding Contribution Award - Barry Tarling, Silhouette du Barry
The Essex Salon Awards is the final event of the 2019 season. The Salon Awards events attract hairdressers, barbers and salon owners from their local areas, and we covered seven counties. The Salon Awards are supported by sponsors Great Lengths, Clean IT, L’anza, La Biosthetique, KIS and Barry Jeffery Photography, and Exquisite Magazine Essex have partnered with us to offer a prize to the winner of Best Salon in Essex.
Award entries were judged by a panel of hair industry professionals, business gurus, and prolific award winners and business owners alike, including Errol Douglas MBE, David Drew, Karine Jackson, Carolyn Newman, Darren Webster, Christian Wile and Craig Chapman to name a few. The Salon Awards ethos is to provide a fair and accessible competition for all.