Alice + Olivia SS20 is a modern bohemian field of dreams. Across the collection, colour block dressing is highlighted with dramatic new shapes anchored by strong pants, a nod to the trouser core of Alice + Olivia’s brand DNA. Voluminous sleeves, legs and skirts imbue classic sportswear with couture presence, while engineered floral prints and fine embroidered details transport the imagination into the fashionably surreal.
At this season’s show at Root Studios, designer Stacey Bendet’s fashion dreamscape unfolded in a series of nine transportive sets, each revealing a realm of the collection. In a field of lilac saturated flowers, a sky blooming with pink clouds, a minty pristine kitchen, and a bright buttercup pool, tailored and embroidered Spring/Summer looks seemed to have sprouted from their colourful surroundings.
ghd Brand Ambassador Justine Marjan, inspired by the vibrant colours and elevated silhouettes of the collection, created three different hair looks to complement the designs.
Because the new collection was so colourful, we wanted to really make the hair pop by either making it super glossy or adding in fun accessories like pearls and lavender stems.
- To create the look, start by prepping the hair with the ghd platinum+ styler (£189) to create flat iron waves. Then use the ghd curve classic curl iron (£129) on select pieces to define the look.
- Starting at the front hairline, create a braid on both sides then tie them into a knot and pin with a bobby pin. To complete the look, tuck pieces of lavender into the braids and spray on extra hold hair spray.
- Start by blow-drying the hair with the ghd air hairdryer (£99) for a smooth look. Next, separate the hair into two even sections on both sides with a clean centre parting from the hairline to the nape of the neck.
- Reverse French braid each of the sides, keeping the hair low and braiding it over the ears. Secure in place with elastic. Adorn with self-adhesive pearls and diamonds to add embellishment throughout the braid.
Smooth, Sleek Pony
- Spritz a heat protection spray throughout the hair and blow-dry using the ghd air hairdryer (£99) for a smooth foundation. Flat iron the hair in sections with the ghd platinum+ styler (£189) and a smoothing brush.
- Brush back the hair into a ponytail that sits right below the curve of the head at the nape of the neck and secure with elastic. To finish the look, use a brush to smooth the hair.